Breast augmentation is one of the most common and popular procedures performed by Dr. Seth. Using saline or silicone implants to restore or enlarge breast volume, breast augmentation is a transformative procedure that provides immediate results. As a trusted name in Chicago and the North Shore, Dr. Seth will work with you to achieve exceptional outcomes that are customized to you.
- Procedure Length: 1-1.5 hours
- Anesthesia: General
- Disposition: Outpatient
- Recovery: 1-2 weeks
Why Breast Augmentation?
Common reasons that women consider a breast augmentation:
- Enhancing the size and/or contour of their breasts
- Restoring breast volume that has been lost after pregnancy or breast-feeding (often part of a 'mommy makeover')
- Changing their breasts to be more 'proportional' with the rest of their body
Case ID: 449
What Are My Options?
During your consultation, Dr. Seth will work with you to customize your breast augmentation to meet your own unique goals and expectations. Options that he will discuss with you may include:
- Implant Type
- Implants can be filled with saline or silicone gel. You can achieve results that look and feel natural using either type of implant and both are safe and FDA-approved. Dr. Seth will work with you to decide which implant type is best for you.
- Incision Location
- The most common locations for your incision are in the breast crease (beneath the breast) or within the areola. Dr. Seth will help determine the best incision for you so that your scars are short and concealed within the natural contour of your breasts.
- Fat Grafts
- Sometimes breast augmentation can be further enhanced by transferring some of your own fat to your breasts (i.e. fat grafting). In some instances, your entire augmentation can be accomplished with fat grafting alone. Dr. Seth will work with you to determine if fat grafting is appropriate for achieving your goals.
- Breast Lift
- Sagging breast skin may not be improved with a breast augmentation alone. Dr. Seth will discuss whether or not you may benefit from a breast lift either before or during your breast augmentation.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of breast augmentation surgery can vary between $6,400 and $8,400. This cost is individualized to each patient and can depend on several factors, including:
- Fees charged by the anesthesiologist and surgical facility
- Type of implant used
- The surgical technique and anticipated technical difficulty of your procedure
After your consultation, you will receive an individual quote for the anticipated cost of your breast augmentation. If you are interested, third-party payment plans may be available for eligible patients.
Read what our patients are saying!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are my restrictions after surgery?
- Generally most patients begin feeling like themselves again after only a few days. Dr. Seth will place you in a surgical bra immediately after surgery and ask that you wear it or a sports bra at all times for up to 4 weeks after surgery. You will be ok to resume light activity whenever you feel comfortable. Generally, more strenuous activity and exercise can be slowly resumed starting at 4-weeks after surgery.
When can I drive?
- You are ok to drive once you are no longer taking any 'strong' or narcotic pain medication and when you feel comfortable behind the wheel to be safe.
When can I go back to work?
- You can return to work when you feel comfortable to do so, keeping in mind your activity restrictions. For most patients, this means going back to work within a few days after surgery.
How long do implants last? Do I have to change them?
- In general, the results of your breast augmentation should last for several years, barring any significant changes to your lifestyle. There is no requirement that you have to change or replace your implants on a regular basis. There are two common reasons why you may need surgery in the future for your implants:
- Over the course of time, the contour and appearance of your breast may change. If you are not happy with how your breast has changed, Dr. Seth can often perform breast revision surgery to help rejuvenate the appearance your implants.
- Implants don't last forever and may weaken or break over the course of several years. Fortunately, even if they break, this is not dangerous to you or your health. Surgery to remove or replace a broken implant is generally well tolerated. If you are concerned that your implant is 'leaking' or broken, Dr. Seth will work with you to determine how best to manage your implants moving forward.